11-05-2008, 04:01 PM   #39
MikeG_C63_AMG
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 Eurocharged C63 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by ersin View Post
MikeG,

Welcome to the forum. Hope you stick around even though you're part of the opposition with that "other" car. j/k

I can certainly understand your decision. The two cars seem to be very much the same yet there are clear differences in each that set them apart and drives a buyer to one or the other. (I still think the M3 gives the best compromises but that's my preference; not bashing.) I'm glad you are enjoying ride.

I wouldn't let one bad dealer experience drive me away from the brand. There are other (good) BMW dealers out there. Unlike Nissan.

Cheers.
I appreciate the warm welcome from everyone. I believe the bad impression I got from my original BMW dealer didn’t turn me off from the brand, it just gave me an opportunity to open my mind to the other manufactures. In essence they lost a sale.

I wanted to get peoples’ opinion about the following topic. I read all the posts about a C63 AMG Vs. M3 DCT in a rolling start is pretty much a “driver’s race” as to who wins. However considering there are a couple tuners out there (MHP, Kleemann, Renntech, Evosport) who are providing ECU upgrades for the C63 which are producing between 507-525HP at the fly wheel; what type of mods does everyone think an M3 DCT and 6MT will need, or hp rating to be at the level it could keep up or possibly beat a ECU only tuned C63AMG? Again I am talking rolling start, as I admit the M3 is the better handling car when it comes to the track.
Appreciate 0