View Single Post
      06-15-2011, 07:52 AM   #67
STALKER
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3, Golf R

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgdog View Post
I have been looking into these dampers but there are very few people running them so I have not been able to get a lot of information. Still have not been able to determine if my Volk TE 37s 9.5x18" et 28 wheels will clear the strut with the 5000 series which seems better suited for this heavy car. I run 275 tires up front. I could use a spacer, but I'm not sure it will work even with the spacer. And though I only started going to the track 3 years ago I go whenever I can so more than 6-8 events/year.

I would like to see photo of these shocks with the sleeves needed to use it with our cars as the e9xM3 version is no longer available. My other issue is trying to put together the right spring rate etc as it would seem to be guesswork for someone with as little experience in this area as I have.

Having said this I am still interested as my friend has these on his 330 and he is scary fast in that car and loves them. They are the 3rd or 4th suspension he has tried on the car.

I do wonder how these would compare to the KW Clubsport where the integrated kit seems to take a lot of the guesswork out of the equation.
500/800 spring combo works well on the this chassis, as long as you have a good shock that can handle, so no issues with the AST or KWs.

Is your buddy running 5100, 5200, or 5300 series?

Contact Richard, the KW competition series stuff is really nice too.
Harold was helpful in answering Qs about AST products.

Last edited by STALKER; 06-15-2011 at 08:00 AM..
Appreciate 0