View Single Post
      02-21-2014, 02:24 PM   #57
slicer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 'E46 M3 Race Car, '23 X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabeS View Post
It looks right to me, unless I am missing something, are you talking about where it loops around the horizontal cage bar>?
See the link below. Look on page two and you will see that there are very specific instructions for how to wrap the Shoulder Belts around the harness bar along with every clip in the harness system (you don't just throw them on in a way that looks OK). Three things to note that I can see in the pictures:

1 - Shoulder Belts should be wrapped tightly around the harness bar and the 3-bar adjuster is located against the bar (NOT loosely attached with the 3-bar adjuster clip located on the occupants chest with 2' of slack like the subject car).

2 - Harness wrap is done in a specific way which allows for a third pass through the 3-bar adjuster to lock the shoulder belt into place. (Subject shoulder strap doesn't have the third pass through to lock it into place. And again the 3-bar adjuster is incorrectly located on the occupants chest 2' away from the harness bar.)

3 - The excess strapping is coiled and secured with a zip tie (not loosely hanging on the occupants lap like the subject car)

Schroth Harness Installation Instructions
'04 M3 - Fall Line Motorsports Built Race Car - S65 swap, Dry Sump, Bosch Stand-Alone ECU, Drenth Sequential Trans, MCS 3-Way, Flossmann Wide Body, Brembo Motorsports Brakes, Drexler LSD, BBS E88 Etc.
INSTAGRAM - @Slicer_M
Appreciate 0