TheBingoBalls
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augenbrauezug View Post
HUH!? I think BMW has solidified itself as the premium automaker BY focusing on the driving. Not many companies create lineups where every model is fun to drive.
I'm not disputing that. BMW is still focused on the driving dynamics but there is no argument that the FXX chassis has gone more soft than many were expecting and that goes for all models across the line up (people thought the E9X was soft from the E46...) At the same time you can't dispute that Audi has made bigger changes to their cars than BMW has with theirs. Go read the reviews, BMW still makes great cars but Audi is doing more to close that gap than BMW is to widening it and that's my point.

With the current generation of BMW's, it seems like there was more emphasis put on everything else than there was on the driving aspects of the car. Take the F30 3-Series for example, as a total package the 3 is still the benchmark but tell me BMW couldn't do a better job with steering where everyone seems to have a problem with? I'm sure BMW will no doubt tweak it but Audi isn't sitting still and then there's the ATS coming this summer. BMW fan or not, they still make exceptional cars but the lead they have as "the ultimate driving machine" from earlier years is definitely isn't as big as it once was.
Appreciate 0