View Single Post
      10-14-2008, 08:33 AM   #37
watrob
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: MY2022 X5 M-Sport 45e White

Garage List
After reading a lot of different threads I am suprised to find that the average fuel seems to be 91 or 93 octane there in the States and that you have trouble getting 93 sometimes is that correct?

Here in Australia althought our fuel is dearer overall but we have a choice from 91,93,95 & 98 and the higher octanes also have ethanol up to 10% added. We did have the Shell V-Power Racing 100 octane fuel but shell has stopped making it as of July 08.

Mobil here has S8000 which is 98 which everyone seems to think is better that the Shell normal V-Power 98. So I run both my cars the M3 & AMG on 98 (even with 10% ethanol sometimes) and don't have any problems. The AMG has been running for over 20 months on it.

Most of the fuels in Europe have ethanol added anyway. As from 2009 the main V8 racing car scene here in Australia will be running E85, that's a 98 octane with 15% ethanol I think. They have stated that during testing there has been no noticable difference in revs or HP.

Fuels with ethanol here in Australia have tax relief so they are usually cheaper, on the right day you can buy a 98 for 93 price if you hunt around.

MY22 X5 M-Sport 45e White, 22"rims, Red Calipers, Ceramic Pads. Better off saying what it does not have and that's a B&O Audio System, otherwise all option boxes are ticked.
Appreciate 0