CnoteMD
Commander in Chief
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 535i

Garage List
2008 M5  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
I'm 31 and started investing when I was about 25 (didn't have a dime to my name until I finished school). I had just gotten married at the time and we decided to take any money we recieved from the wedding and open an investment account.

Afterwards, we started out putting 5% of our income into 403b/401K accounts each year. Each year we increased the percentage until they were maxed out each year. Since we were young, we set up aggressive portfolios. After we changed jobs, we rolled the money over into IRA's and started maxing those out each year as well. The remainder of my savings goes into a regular brokerage account (TD Ameritrade). Though I will probably consolidate everything to Merrill Lynch or Schwab in the next few years.

My plan is to continue to save and invest in this manner and with modest returns I should be able to reproduce my income from interest before I turn 50.
Appreciate 0