View Single Post
      01-17-2012, 08:48 PM   #25
US///M3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 1973 Jensen Interceptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMRLVR View Post
Too bad it had to happen this way, unfortunately, unless a person has a binding contract with the tuner stating that they will give a limited warranty on parts and labour to fix a customers car in the event of a failure, it is not common for them to step up to the plate and cover the cost of repairs to a customers car. I do think it was amazingly sneaky and criminal for them suggest putting the car back to stock and have the repair done under warranty.

I for one believe that a person modifies a car at their own risk. It is one thing to put an exhaust, software or an intake on a car, and most dealers that are mod friendly will over look stuff like that. With a supercharger however, the power increase is quite significant and the software and other fuel system mods to run it are quite a departure from OEM. Basically if a person wants the power levels that are associated with a supercharged M3 and still have a warranty, that person needs to look at buying a different car.

I guess this proves that Gintani went over and above the norm by covering the cost for Drew's engine. No matter what a person thinks about Gintani's parts, what they did in that case was definitely a good gesture on their behalf!
+1 Gintani guys are a class act.

Maybe supercharging and increasing the Redline on a engine that's marginally lubricated(bearings) for high rpm ops in stock form under extreme conditions(track) is a bad idea.

Maybe lowering the redline might help the rod bearing lubrification...
Appreciate 0