View Single Post
      03-11-2014, 02:02 PM   #14
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgviper View Post
I tend to agree. The z06 may not be a supercar as per the definition of a super car but who gives a sh*t. It can embarass most super cars on a track. It can make you crap yourself going around turns. Throw on some stickier tires, H/C/I with a tune and your looking at a 550+ rwhp track monster for less than a new 328i.

So yes, go ahead, say its not a supercar because it doesn't meet supercar standards of over the top leather and hand built craftmanship. The only thing handbuilt on that car is the ls7 and IMHO, thats all that matters. When you blow past the guy in an F430, hell even a 458, don't be jealous that he's in a supercar, have a laugh and pass the next guy on the track
I'm with you on this one. Definitely not a supercar, just a sportscar. A supercar needs to turn heads. Corvettes don't turn heads, unless they are obnoxiously loud.

And for me it's more than just performance. Even if a Corvette would blow past everything on the road, I'd still get a slower Porsche, Ferrari or whatever else you can think of. We live in America. What's the point of having a fast car? Might as well get something that looks proper.
Appreciate 0