01-04-2012, 12:03 PM   #65
Z4-VILLA
Banned
Afghanistan
Rep
Drives: Z4M Hardtop Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by James T. Kirk View Post
Any convertible is not a true sports car. They may be sport convertible, but not a dedicated SPORTS CAR.

Believe me, the semantics suck. I think it's ridiculous, too. I think the best test of any performance vehicle is how quickly it can go around a track which requires speed and handling. If your X6M can go around The Ring faster than someone else's Porsche, then you really have the best racer.

But what we're talking about here is defining a "class" of vehicle that for whatever reason, BMW has chosen to OPT-OUT of. I'm just saying that this omission is peculiar and certainly would have a market if BMW "showed up."

Back to the OP's topic, I will go further to say that a BMW "sports car class" would also be necessary before trying to jump to a "super car class."
Careful buddy, there are a lot of z4 converts here that will make you wonder why you bought a 1M. I mean you wanna touch on semantics about what defines a sports car and all which is fine and dandy if you wanna dress up your paragraph to pass it off as a well constructed thought. But the same thing happens when you pop the hood on your 1M. You realize that your engine, just like you paragraph, may seem well dressed, but its not the real thing...its just not a real M.
So in the disscussion of dedicated sports car semantics, you should pop your own hood, and then take a look at the s54 that sits inside these roadsters (which are convertibles) and tell me which one is a dedicated M.
Appreciate 0