01-04-2012, 09:02 AM   #61
James T. Kirk
Captain of the Enterprise
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 1 Series M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyleb350 View Post
Which definition are you going by? I would have to disagree with you on cars like the Vette, Viper, and Boxter. They may not be super, hyper, or race cars, but they are sports cars (especially at their price points) and designed to go fast
Any convertible is not a true sports car. They may be sport convertible, but not a dedicated SPORTS CAR.

Believe me, the semantics suck. I think it's ridiculous, too. I think the best test of any performance vehicle is how quickly it can go around a track which requires speed and handling. If your X6M can go around The Ring faster than someone else's Porsche, then you really have the best racer.

But what we're talking about here is defining a "class" of vehicle that for whatever reason, BMW has chosen to OPT-OUT of. I'm just saying that this omission is peculiar and certainly would have a market if BMW "showed up."

Back to the OP's topic, I will go further to say that a BMW "sports car class" would also be necessary before trying to jump to a "super car class."

2011 1 Series M Coupe VO M3 vs 1M Comparo Review
2011 M3 E90 DCT ZCP (sold) * 2010 335i Sedan (sold)
2005 M3 Convertible (sold) * 2003 325i Sedan (sold)
Appreciate 0