the_stranger
Captain
India
Rep
Drives: e92 M3 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerezBlue! View Post
The red absolutely looks GOOD in real life, no doubt about it whatsoever. When the initial cars were photographed at the test in Spain they came over as dirty red but that is not how it is. Also, from a looks point of view these cars were all (IMO) let down by the black 18s.

There was a cover on the UK's Car Magazine last month that showed a much brighter red, this is more what it is like, plus with the CF roof, various black exterior trim and high gloss shadow line the contrast is fantastic. If you want a bright colour then it's got to be the red or the white really.

As for Jerez Black, the colour that I will be getting my car in during mid October (ish), I have NEVER seen purple in it providing it was in real life or in a high resolution photo. With the help of others, my conclusion is that when poor quality photos are taken or under dull artificial light purple may come out.

Otherwise, I am glad to say that to me, Jerez Black comes over as a very, very, very dark blue. And, it really works well with the CF roof IMO.

Just edited my post to add the attached PDF, it just about compares Jerez Black with Melbourne Red in the back ground under bright light conditions. I hope that this helps you.
hey jerezblue, thanks a lot for explaining it. the red in the picture you posted is absolutely stunning. though we cant see the entire car, the shade is awesome. The picture that were taken during the tests looked completely different.
As the lighting is dull for about 3/4 th of the year here in Indiana, I think going for the red will be ideal for me. and the red shows a lot of details of the car which the black doesn't. the black looks amazing as well, but I think the red may suit me better.
Appreciate 0