View Single Post
      08-07-2008, 07:23 PM   #82
GT3 Tim
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 MB E63S

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma View Post
Heavier cars that have a difficult time following the tighter line and tend to setup outside to maximize the radius of the turn. But the lighter cars tend to steal the apex when you start wide just by outbraking the heavier car on the inside.
Couldn't have explained it better myself! Different lines for different cars. That is why you see spec miata's on differnet lines that GT3's, etc. A miaita would be more of a "momentum car"...a GT3 is more of a "point and shoot car". lol. Good explaination in your post about how different cars take different lines.....for those that are interested.

Too often at "schools", the instruction is in Novice and Low Intermediate....then, instruction becomes optional....it is at this point where people don't learn the little things about altered lines, trail braking particular corners, etc, etc, etc. Even though I have been tracking a while, I STILL ask a fellow instruction to sit with me once in a while! It is amazing on how a second set of eyes can pick up on the little things you could do better, or gives you ideas on different ways to approach, apex, and exit a corner.

that brings up a good point...sorry so OT....if you get signed off and are able to run solo, go ahead, but if you want to improve, get all the instruction you can! A good instructor will be able to see where you are at, and will start to foster you even more.
2008 E90 M3 -- Sold
2004 GT3 -- Sold
1997 M3/4 -- Sold
1995 M3 -- Sold
Appreciate 0