View Single Post
      12-10-2012, 09:50 AM   #12
RBB
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectrumphoto View Post
Thanks for the input thus far. I too am extremely curious as to what it may be...Especially after today.

Started it up this morning...All the original errors were still gone and I still just had the CEL and Increased Emissions message. Drove the car to the Auto Show and after several hours started it up again.

This time though all my errors were cleared and no CEL. It was as if the damn thing fixed itself. Took the car up to Topanga Mall to order a Tesla S Performance and after the car sitting for another few hours up there, it is still acting as nothing had happened and I have no CEL and no error messages.

At this time it looks as though nothing has ever happened. I am still taking it in tomorrow to see what can be found. I didn't think that a CEL with increased emissions could clear itself and after thinking about what systems I was originally alerted to, I am wondering if it is something with the computer and perhaps a system update that they may have downloaded into the car.

Should know more in the morning but thank you all for the input thus far.
This sounds just like my throttle actuator problems. I'd have to guess that's what you've got going on here. Sometimes you start the car and it's fine, sometimes not. The lights on your dash will clear after a certain amount of time if the malfunction doesn't always occur. The error codes will be stored in your DME, though, so the dealer will have no problems pulling them. Good thing you've still got a bit of warranty left. Get in there and have it taken care of....not a pleasant out of pocket repair.
Appreciate 0