View Single Post
      02-27-2011, 12:51 AM   #2
mtechnik3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C

Ashley, thanks for setting up the thread buddy.

I'd like to invite you on a spirited mountain drive with fellow car enthusiasts from North/South Carolina and Tennessee. If you would like to attend, please post your location and car in this thread so I can get a head count and general idea of where you're coming from. There's also an event posted on facebook. If you're on fbook, let me know and I'll send you an invite. The drive will take place on Sunday, March 13th.

Most of us are meeting in Charlotte. From there we'll drive about 2 hours towards NC 226A in Western North Carolina on whats called the Diamondback Route which cuts through Pisgah National Forest on scenic mountain passes. We all had a great time last year during the Spring and Fall drive. I know it's late notice, but hopefully you can join us. These are some of the best driving roads in the country!

Where can you find more than 190 steep, climbing curves in just 12 miles? The Diamondback - North Carolina's last alternate route!

Sweeping curves, amazing scenery and cool mountain breezes make the Diamondback, NC 226A, one of WNC's last great mountain roadways.

The Diamondback, NC's 226A is loaded with switchbacks looping almost 360-degrees. Runs of S-curves climb and twist sharply as they snake through lush green forest in route to the Blue Ridge Parkway just above Spruce Pine, North Carolina.

This heavily wooded trek, from Marion in McDowell County to Switzerland Inn, on the edge of Mitchell County, NC is an exciting and challenging drive. Two-lanes of smooth, well-marked pavement are flanked by rocky outcroppings, shear drop-offs and quick, tight hairpin curves

Here's some information on the Diamondback Route.