Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiddleAgedAl View Post
People toss "strawman argument" around quite liberally, and yet I'm being asked if I know what a flash suppressor is. WTF?
Two different people in the thread. If you can, stay focused on one thing at a time.

Quote:
For the record, I do know, although I cannot claim to have personally used one myself. Totally unclear as to the relevance of that question. Lets say I didnt know what it was (which is what I'm sure you were hoping for). Would it somehow refute my suggestion that it's a disgraceful reflection on the gun laws that Ms. Lanza couldnt be charged with much of anything if she were still alive today?
For what it's worth, you initially didn't say she should have been charged (if she were alive). All you said was that she was a responsible firearms owner. It wasn't until after the fact that you decided to say "well the point I was trying to make was..." I'm sorry I wasn't able to read your mind.

Quote:
These tangential obfuscations are really becoming quite bizarre. Richard Dawkins engaging the Pope himself about the existence of God would yield more productive talking points.....
I'm not going to reiterate things that have been said over and over again. Read them whenever you decide to. MediaArtist is right, this back and forth has grown tiresome. It'd be nice if we can talk about facts and not emotional response that is almost always illogical.

As for being all over the place, your "argument" has gone a long way and mutated quite a bit from your first post in this thread...