12-05-2012, 11:00 PM   #27
e1000
that's what SHE said!
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kero View Post
+1

Can someone explain why it sounds like this in the morning and why it can't sound like this all the time?
Used to heat up the cats as quickly as possible. Not sure what would happen if it was like that all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sy2767 View Post
This past summer i had a 2012 335i vert as a loaner while my car was in the shop and every morning when i would start it it sounded very similar to the videos i have just watched with the M3 being cold started. Very nice sound indeed!!!
I'm sorry but a stock 335i sounds NOTHING like an M3 during the cold start cycle.

It's grumpy, raspy, and burbles in all the right ways. Contrary to it's small displacement for a V8, the S65 makes some fantastic sounds. The car roars to life and then settles into a somewhat gruff idle that's sure to get the attention of any gearhead. I've actually gotten many comments from non car enthusiasts about how much they like the sound of the car.

On the other end of the spectrum, you gotta love the noises above 7k rpm as well. At this point your hands are holding onto the steering wheel and your ears are starting to make you wonder if you're going to see engine parts fly out of your hood. All the while there's a part of your brain flashing "OMG you still have over 1k rpm to go, WTF".

Last edited by e1000; 12-05-2012 at 11:12 PM..
Appreciate 0