Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Machine View Post
I think mdosu is partially correct. Most countries have already converted to metric, but the US hasn't converted yet.

The US, however, has committed to convert in a loosely open time frame. That's why in the US all containers/packages have to have the metric measurement in addition to the local imperial measures - check and you will find. The same happens to the speedometer in all cars in the US.

I assume all cars in the US have both, but I have been driving only BMWs since 2007, so can't confirm, but I am sure many forum members can.

Converted countries don't need anything other than metric. I wonder what does it look like in the UK.

Royale with cheese anyone?
You make very good points ... I do recall in the 70s there have been great debates also that the US would shortly follow to go metric. As we now know it has not happened as far as road signs are concerned ...

I don;t think it will happen anytime soon anyway for it will be quite costly for the US to change all those speed signs. Unless approval is given to paint over the existing ones as was done in Canada in some areas (see photo below)

As for the UK I cannot recall (I was in the UK last fall) have to ask my son in law ... or perhaps a UK member can clarify I think it is still in MPH.
Attached Images

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0