11-11-2008, 10:21 AM   #124
MikeG_C63_AMG
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 Eurocharged C63 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaay11 View Post
Yeah.

But I agree....the cost will add up. Wait until the brakes go on the C63....they'll wish they had the BMW maintenance plan.
I have to admit before I went to the “Dark Side” I weighed the cost of the maintenance on the C63 Vs M3. While I realize over any 3 or 4 year period it will probably cost you more money all around to operate the C63 then M3 (In terms of maintenance, tires, even gas) I knew the potential costs I might encounter and accepted it. Bottom line “you got to pay to play” is what it comes down to it. If you can’t afford the operating costs of the vehicle you can’t afford the car. Actually tends me wonder what some of the 18-21 year crowd do when it comes time for new tires or an oil change when they drive these cars. Nevertheless I have been monitoring the tread life of the rear tires of my C63 and it’s not looking good at all. I have less than 6K miles on my car and I can see by Christmas maybe having to replace them with PS2’s. I definitely will go with 275/35/R18 in the back next time hoping that maybe that will help me put down the power better in 1st and 2nd gears along with improving the handling.
Appreciate 0