View Single Post
      04-25-2018, 06:12 AM   #60
baege
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 Cayman GTS 4.0 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthal View Post
I had a C7 myself and then an M2. The C7 was faster in ALL respects than my M2... on a track, in a straight line, you name it and it owned the M2... so it would destroy an M240i

My experience was different than yours... I absolutely LOVED my C7 and only sold it for practical reasons. Yes, it was a more "raw" sports car experience than my M cars but, if anything, that was more fun. I now own a 340i as my DD and plan to add another Corvette shortly as my fun car.

Yep, see above
yes you and I have discussed this before, and of course it's ultimately a subjective question of personal preference. for me it's wasn't a difference of rawness of the C7 versus my previous bmw's or porsches, it was a matter of clumsiness and sloppiness in all kinds of subtle aspects of the car...and that took away from the enjoyment for me...size also played a big part in my dislike of the C7 .

in the end, it's all about what brings more grins per mile, and the m240i certainly exceeds the c7 on this metric, for me.

I would say that anyone who is coming from a bmw and considering a GM product should spend some quality time with the product (more than a 15 minute test drive). For me the aspects of the car I didn't like so much came out more after a couple days of driving it, and I didn't see those things on the test drive where I was awed by the sound and torque.
Appreciate 2
gthal1904.00
SYT_Shadow11490.00