12-08-2013, 10:28 AM   #57
Hujan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ti-Jean View Post
For those interested, I just ordered the shorter GC plate to go with my Dinan stage 1 suspension. I's planned to go in next week. I'm no expert in suspension but my local shop confirmed that it should work fine.

If I get this whole thing correctly my 2 choices were:

A) Get Dinan camber plate
This would raise the front by 1/4" which I'm not excited as I find it a bit too high already and the amount of camber you can get is limited. In my case, I could only get -1.4 with the pin pulls so probably ~-2.1 with Dinan plate

B) Get GC plates (modified shorter one)
This gives me all the camber I want or may want in the future, increase the suspension travel on top of what I already have with Dinan and doesn't increase the ride height like the Dinan plates would. That sounds to good to be true, what did I miss??? Someone said something to the effect that the EDC strut could have a problem with too much increase in suspension travel. Could I switch back to my OEM bumpstop (from the Dinan E36 one) if this a problem to reduce the suspension travel?

Here is a version of the side-by-side comparison that I modified to what made sense to me. Anyone care to comment if I got this right or am I totally off? If the install is successful, I'm taking this to the track next Friday.
Thought I would bump this thread. I am thinking of going with the GC camber plates on top of the Dinan Stage 1 kit. But after reading through this thread, it's not clear to me whether it's possible to buy the GC camber plates with a shorter stack height (second from the left in the pic above) or you have to modify a GC camber plate.

Also, any long-term feedback from anyone who went this route?
Appreciate 0