View Single Post
      10-22-2008, 09:55 PM   #25
apw2607
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 50e M-Sport

The old i-Drive is "functional". The new i-Drive certainly looks good and is easier to use (apparently). The navigation is enhanced with the 2009, but both systems will get you to a final destination at the end of the day. How nice the graphics and user interface are for all of that ... you can determine if you look at both versions.

As far as specifics to the M3, you still have access to the same M-Drive settings with either the 2008 or 2009 i-Drive.

One thing they have done is sort out the POI searching with the 2009. They could actually fix this with the 2008, if they really wanted to ... but you can alway go for the additional concierge service and ask them to look up your POIs and download them to the Nav if this is a big deal.

Also the 2009 i-Drive will payback DVD movies when the car is parked, so thats nice.

But the new storing music on the hard drive feature is, well blah .. if you have a ipod/usb interface it really doesn't make that much odds. I mean, with both, you can quickly and easily listen to all your mp3's should you have some ....

If you use iTunes to purchase music, you'll need to use a ipod anyway, as thats the only device that will playback iTunes DRM content.
Appreciate 0