View Single Post
      08-21-2008, 08:56 PM   #170
ArtPE
Banned
Rep
Drives: e46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace996 View Post
...sure, but that's not the point of the post...re-check the title. OK, we hear you...Brembos are no better on the street, just like Bosch's book says...

No, I want my high performance ///M car to be able to do the same thing my $30K subaru can do... run a large selection of pads, that can be changed easily, and not taper them so they wind up costing twice as much in the long run.

When the calipers start spreading, and pads are lasting half as long as they should, we'll hear from the track people who will move to fixed calipers/multi-piston set-ups. I only hope, financially, that I'm not one of them...
they would not be faster on the track...

and there is a healthy selection of pads for the e46, there will be for the e92 in due time
it takes 5 minutes to change pads...per side...
but better change rotors too, cause they're gonna suck on the street after being thrashed
the pads do not taper, it's one advantage of the system...
solid bushings will reduce it even more
'track people'
<1% of the cars total mileage...get a track car...you can get one for less than a set of brembos, track wheels/tires...
you guys make 60k sound like a lot of money...

wtf?
"Arcadian, I've fought countless times, yet I've never met an adversary who could offer me what we Spartans call "A Beautiful Death." I can only hope, with all the world's warriors gathered against us, there might be one down there who's up to the task."
Μολὼν λαβέ!!
Appreciate 0