View Single Post
      11-04-2013, 02:38 PM   #9
Craigy
Sporty Puristic 6
Rep
Drives: '09 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdosu View Post
Assuming this car is actually out of warranty, I would bid it at $36k including all fees (excluding tax) for a CASH offer, and hold still on this.

Also, your warranty info is confusing. A CPO on an 08 should still be good for two more years, I believe CPO extend coverage by 3 more years which takes most 2008 CPOs to 2015. BMW original was 4-years, which has expiration dates in 2012, a late 2013 expiration of an original warranty means this 08 model was sold in late 2009, which is very unlikely. I would clarify this. The easiest way is to run the VIN with a BMW dealer. (I'm assuming you're not buying this at a BMW dealer)
Perhaps the confusion is in the length of the CPO warranty?

http://www.bmwusa.com/standard/conte.../warranty.aspx

Quote:
...covering you for up 2 years/50,000 after the expiration of the 4-year/50,000-mile New Vehicle/SAV Limited Warranty or for a total of 6 years/100,000 miles
Appears CPO provides an additional two years. Were the rules different previously?

Car sold early 2008 = original warranty expires early 2012, right?
Later sold as a BMW CPO, adds two year coverage to end of warranty = CPO lasts until early 2014. However my maths could easily be wrong.

No matter, I appreciate the concern! Thanks again.
Appreciate 0