View Single Post
      11-02-2011, 04:24 PM   #32
chibich
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e92 m3

been looking at this for a while. in my price range and truthfully how much x-pipes should cost, but couldn't find any write ups on this. As for the idea of having issues with it in the long run, honestly i doubt you'll have any problems. I'm sure the company just copied someone else's design, or may even produce them for another company that is charging double to triple the price. I ran a ebay "Godspeed" exhaust on my swapped 240 and never had any problems. No cracks or rusting and pretty good fitment, for the most part its just piping. A little bit different for a turbo car seeing as you don't want any back pressure at all after the turbo, but as long as they got the diameters right and its made from a decent stainless steel then really shouldn't have any problems. fitment might be the only issue. had a buddy making 540 whp on his sti running their fmic and when he got it tuned by a tuner up in maryland who does most of the subaru tunes on the east coast, said it was surprisingly good, only thing that could have been a little bit better with the fin design. something can be said for doing it right the first time, and not ending up having to just buy one of the more well known brand in the long run, but some of these ebay parts are well made. would be interested in seeing some dyno plots before and after. keep us updated
Appreciate 0