04-17-2013, 09:30 PM   #25
dom55
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris s View Post
Alex, send a PM to Dom55....he just sold his SSII e90 and picked up an SSII X5M. He seems happy with the move.
I did, I traded in my SSII E90 M3 for a SSII X5M and am very happy with switch. It is no doubt a different driving experience but I am still glad I made the change.

The X5M is my daily driver, as was my M3, and for my commute and driving style I am not missing much from the M3. I especially like the higher driving position and additional low end torque. I do miss the exhaust note and steering tightness of the M3 but the X5 with EDC handles very well and is plenty quick.

The first BMW I ever drove was an E53 X5 so I always wanted to be back in a X5. The X5M is a hell of a SUV (or SAV as BMW calls it) so I have no regrets about the change. Living in the Northeast I am also relieved to have a AWD vehicle that I feel is more stable in the snow.

I will always love the M3 and hope to have another one again. Hopefully I can find a low mile E90 in the future but for now I am enjoying my X5.

Let me know if you have any particular questions though.