07-11-2014, 01:49 AM   #28
Helmsman
Major General
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW E90 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by malrash View Post
I need to vent and also need some advice.

I took my car in today since I was feeling a little shimmy in the steering wheel ever since I had installed new wheels. I did the requisite trouble-shooting and it was still here, so the next step was to get a front wheel alignment.

So, I take the car into BMW of Little Rock with 9849 miles on the ODO, and verified by the fob. They keep the car the entire damn day, and tell me that both front wheels were slightly off, and they roadforce balanced them. They quote me $60 at the outset, charge me a 100 because of some 'extra work' that needed to be done. I get into the car and the mileage reads 9886!! They drove 37 miles testing driving the damn thing?!? and consume an eight of a tank of gas in the meanwhile.

I asked for an explanation, and instead of offering an explanation, the manager tells me that 'maybe' the tech took 2 or more test drives to make sure the alignment was right. I don't think even 2 test drives can rack up 37 miles.

I am pissed. Its not the miles or the gas, it's the fact that I don't know if they abused the car, plus I can't trust them anymore. They are the only dealership for 200 miles around me. I need help digesting this and putting this into perspective, or should I write to BMWNA?

What do you guys think?
Totally get you man. Although some of the guys suggestion that the car can take it, it is still very frustrating when you apparently (like me) are really careful with the car. I think it's also about principles; The dealer should have the sense to respect the client and car, and behave accordingly (!).

I had some complains with my dealer which I filled in on the feedback survey. They immediately called back and wanted to help, they said the survey goes to BMW and is key to them. I was even a bit surprised but I learned that BMW do care about how their rep's behave and measure their customer performance.

I'd definitely go to BMW if the dealer keep ignore your opinion.

cheers
Appreciate 0