08-26-2007, 08:49 AM   #55
devo
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bimmers & Porsches

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid View Post
Devo, I wrote "and SETS YOUR POST APART from the rest of the posts which make me think the authors are posers of some sort."

So, I am no longer suggesting that since I can understand at least one part of your reasoning. It doesn't really matter what I think anyway. My initial statement in that regard was simply an expression of frustration since most of these posts seem contradictory, but yours made me consider something I haven't considered before. We really don't have anything to prove to each other although we are acting like we do. I don't mean to be offensive either.

That said, I still do think that there are many people on this board who talk about the M3 or the 911 as if they can afford or have driven neither, but act like they can and have.

I thought I addressed this earlier. I like BMWs, and that's about it. I care about my satisfaction more than anything else when making a decision about a new car. If you've read my posts, you can see that I am rather critical of BMWs when there is reason to be so. I've railed on interior and exterior styling on several threads. That ugly dash might very well turn out to be "the" reason why I might not go after the M3--especially if it comes standard with that hump.
I must have misinterpreted part of your post. Maybe there are posers here. I try to take people on face value; but you have a point.

Anyway, we have a lot of choices in front of us. Good luck with your process.
Appreciate 0