Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW M3 Alpina White

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [6.34]
Quote:
Originally Posted by showcase
Very nice, what sort of performance gains can be expected with this exhaust?
I am still learning everything about tuning the car but I've spoken to Turner Motor Sports and RCT Performance who installed my exhaust and both have told me that the main benefits are the light weight of the exhaust which is 21 lbs. less than stock and a much louder exhaust sound. As far as performance, Turner said there is a 3% increase in HP and Torque which would equal out to roughly 12 HP.

Turner Motor Sports' Description:
"This system is light, weighing in at only 34 lbs -- 21 pounds lighter than stock! This exhaust flows much more freely with less restriction than the stock rear muffler section, and features Borla's ATAK™ (Acoustically-Tuned Applied Kinetics) technology. This exclusive technology produces the highest available dB (decibel) levels in the BORLA® street-legal lineup, and is designed for high-performance purists who prefer exhaust notes over their stereos. The focus of ATAK™ is to pump the volume while retaining clarity of sound, at the same time avoiding the drone and distortion typically found in louder exhausts. With ATAK™, the sound output is tuned like a graphic equalizer to shape and focus sound waves for optimum high-volume output. It's made of the highest grade T-304 stainless steel, and has beautifully made symmetrical 3.5 inch quad exhaust tips."

"Drag Racing is for fast cars, AutoX is for fast drivers"
Appreciate 0