View Single Post
      06-17-2009, 10:19 PM   #54
signes
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3 RS

Questions about scratched tint

Got my car tinted a couple weeks ago at a local shop and diligently waited for ~5 days before putting the windows down. After that time, I finally rolled them down and noticed a few scratches on the film on each front window (scratches deep enough to feel with your fingernail.) Talked to the tint shop and they said I must have dirt in the window "mechanism" that is causing the scratches that isn't there problem ("must have been there before"...) They said they didn't remove the door panel to do the install so it wasn't their fault, but they offered to redo it for free. I called the dealer to see if I could get it cleaned out so it wouldn't happen again, but I couldn't get a straight answer out of the SA for what might be causing it and he kept saying the tint shop is at fault and should fix it (he said they would charge me 2 hours of labor to check both front windows.)

Can somebody explain what might be causing the scratches - are there "rollers" or something that help raise and lower the windows or some other guide that could be dirty? I checked the edge where the window retracts (the soft, felt-like material that is supposed to keep dirt out) and I didn't feel anything in there that would be causing the issue. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Appreciate 0