View Single Post
      05-18-2012, 06:09 PM   #96
Kasé Zomé
Captain
Rep
Drives: faster than my demons can fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veritable View Post
It's the only available 6MT in my country within 700 miles. The next closest one is in another province.

That car in question has also never been driven. As I've mentioned before, I need to have an intent to buy (which is, to get the contract drawn up and financing squared away, just not signed) before they will let me take it out. Which is perfectly reasonable... except that my intent is not quite at that stage yet, because I am trying to build a rapport with my friends and family regarding the switch, and I've not been able to have much success.

Soooo.... Did it fit into your garage? I have a similar problem myself
Yep, it's only 1" wider than the M3 but it is almost 12" longer. As I'm sure everyone has already told ya, go drive it. I didn't have to do any paper work but they did run my credit to make sure I could afford it. Then I signed a BCA and took the car with a half tank of gas. It was the only 6sp manual in Diamond Black within 500+ miles. I'm not sure a short test drive will give you what you need but a longer one surely will.

Best of luck in your decision and in my opinion, you can't go wrong with either car. If you're not hammering the canyons every weekend and doing track days on a regular basis, I think it's a better daily driver.

On a side note, CTS-V wagon is 4392/lbs and the E90 M3 is 3726/lbs.

That's a difference of 666/lbs...

Last edited by Kasé Zomé; 05-18-2012 at 06:18 PM..
Appreciate 0