Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 ZCP / 2017 RRS SC

Garage List
2017 BMW M3 ZCP  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Munit View Post
Wow that is an easy arguement to win. Its simple, everything you mentioned is either costly or has downside in terms of engine reliability and longevity (tune), high flow cats (expensive and more CO2), lighter muffler (really expensive)

Making a plastic elbow with a larger interior diameter is essentially a free process that costs no more than an elbow with a smaller diameter. A larger elbow has no emissions problems, longevity, driveability etc. That is why I said it makes no sense.

If you re-read your post its a bit silly to make the comparison to all these costly and emissions-unfriendly mods and say that if bmw didn't do those, then that explains why they did not use a piece of plastic with a bigger hole in it if 10hp was to be had
So I took your original quote as saying BMW ///M would never let HP sit on the table and in my response I stated.

"They decide what is their desired performance number is and what will meet Global needs/laws/standards and stick with that"

My point was not to argue about why/what BMW does to get the HP, my point was that BMW DOES leave HP on the table. I am fully aware why they put out a production car with the numbers they do, I was just stating that ///M could make more power if they wanted to and the cost would not be that incrementally more expensive and still be as reliable.

Hell I had cars in the past which I modified(intake, ignition, exhaust) which still passed emissions with flying colors, made much more HP and was able to put 75k-100k miles on the motor with no issues what so ever. I am sure that the mighty ///M division could do the same.

17 M3 ZCP -- 2017 Range Rover Sport SC
--RIP--
12 X5 50i Sport -- 11 M3 DCT -- 2011 X5 50i(Lemon) -- 2008 550 Msport -- 2007 x5 4.8 sport -- 2004 545 sport -- 2002 x5 4.4 sport -- 2001 540i Msport 2000 SL500 -- 1997 SL500
Appreciate 0