View Single Post
      03-16-2008, 04:03 PM   #4
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by sainthoo View Post
Thought I would share my amusing (to me) conversation with a sales manager.

I have been on the list for M3 sedan, dealer has one that is not exactly what I want. It is 6MT without tech package, and I want DCT and tech package, otherwise same color, etc. But, it does have the 19" wheels that I do not want. I take the car for a test drive, and I really like the M 6MT more than my 335 6MT. So I start thinking...
I ask the salesman if I can swap out the wheels for standard since I want less spinning weight, don't care about the look, and don't want to pay for 19" rubber in the future. I explain that I know they are on back order, implying I'll buy the car that has been sitting for over a week.
Sales guy says lets go talk to the manager, good idea I think. This is probably a done deal.
Sales manager then proceeds to make a production about what a problem it would be, and how just might be able to get 18" wheels and then put the 19" wheels on some 3 series on the lot (huh?). He then goes on to tell me that he would need "some consideration" to make this happen.

Perhaps I am over reacting, but I was blown away. I viewed it as a win-win for everyone. Someone waiting for 19"s could have their car now and give me the 18"s. Dealer sells car(s). This seems simple to me, but you would have thought I asked the salesmanager to put 22"s on the car and paint flames down the side.
They are just monkeys with ties... you are asking for too much. Go somewhere else...
Appreciate 0