View Single Post
      04-30-2010, 12:48 PM   #2
ium3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: e92 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by akina335 View Post
I like these two for the weight savings, which is the main reason of these two exhausts. My dilemma. The Akra seems to have a higher quality to it, better looking tips but I'm afraid it will be too quiet and it only provides about +5hp more since I am getting only the slip-on version. The Vanguard on the other hand, seems just as light if not lighter than the Akra, provides around +15hp, I think it's a little louder than the Akra but the drawback to this system is the tips, I don't like the look because the walls of the tips are so thin.

So I guess my question is, is there anyone out there with an Akrapovic slip on that can comment on the sound level. I don't want it too quiet or too loud either. I had an Eisenmann Race before if that helps anyone put that into perspective.
OP, i have the exact same dilemna as you before. I used to be torn between the akra and vanguard and also used to own the eisenmann race. My concerns and yours are exactly the same. I ended up getting the vanguard cause i don't want to get an exhaust that is too quiet for my liking. And the vanguard definitely brings a pleasant surprise in terms of volume and tone. Paired with fabspeed x-pipe, i couldn't be happier with how agressive it is with minimal drone compared to the eisenmann race. I posted a pretty lengthy review on this issue before, so you might want to check out this thread:

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=349554

As for the akra, i 100% agree with you it is of much higher quality, and it look so much better. Plus, i'm pretty sure it will be one of the easiest exhaust to be resold since it is so popular. The tips of the vanguard is also too thin for my liking, but definitely looks better in real life than the pictures. Once you own it, i'm sure it'll grow in you.

Good luck with whatever decision you make. I don't think you will go wrong with either exhaust