11-05-2012, 10:57 AM   #141
TVMA Doc
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3, Jerez Black

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Port Canaveral M3 driver View Post
Thanks for the input concerning protecting our POV's when some punk is going to damage/steal our rides while we sleep in our beds. Yes, I have a concealed permit to carry. Actually these permits are very easy to obtain for the average citizen plus about $135.00 in fees. I do not recommend every person get one! When you use a tool, you have to be careful you don't injure yourself or others accidentally with that tool. Guns are tools. Guns are very unforgiving, make one little mistake and you might kill a family member sitting in the next room. I recommend stun guns for those that are not comfortable with guns. Tear gas and pepper spray can blow back in your face if you spray the perp while he is up wind! This would disable you and not the criminal! There is a big case going on in this state right now where a person used a gun to protect himself during an unauthorized (by police dispatch) intervention he got himself into during a neighbor hood watch program. Only use DEADLY FORCE when your life is in danger and you can prove it in court later when the perps family sues you, (Thanks TVMA DOC, you are spot on). Yes, I could have taken a life that night. From the police view the screw driver looked threatening and it was. I choose to try to use VERBAL COMBAT, with the gun as my back up if the suspect decided to try and take me out. "get down" "don't Fn move" "I will kill you to protect my self" etc. You all get the picture. If you go with a gun, you must train, train and train. You must know how to perform a combat reload if there is a gang nearby and they come to the perps aid. You also have a huge responsibility to store the damn thing when not in use and still get to it when you need it! Children always know where the guns is! Never forget this. Later, I love this website, so much good information and really nice people willing to share what they know about these wonderful cars! I have learned so much from all of you. Thanks.
The concealed carry permit may be easy to obtain for those of you in the United States, but for those of us not so fortunate it can be impossible. I think that it's just as bad in most of Europe as it is here in the People's Republik of Kalifornia.
Appreciate 0