03-27-2008, 06:30 PM   #154
ersin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 YMB F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Bone View Post
[*]On the Y axis, you don't show the acceleration to drop below 0.0 Gs. There must be a finite time where one clutch disengages and the other clutch engages, this means there will be that finite period of time where the acceleration is negative (wind resistance, drivetrain losses etc). However small this finite period of time, the G's must dip below 0.0 Gs.[/LIST]
I disagree with this in principle. You can have zero time to disengage one clutch and reengage another. There could be a period where both clutches are engaged. The new clutch would start out slipping while the old one was still fully engaged. Then the old would start slipping until it was fully disengaged. By the time the old clutch is fully disengaged the new one will be fully engaged. In between this time both clutches would be engaged while the engine is still on throttle. Throughout this whole period torque is being supplied and no loss of acceleration would be seen.

This is theoretical. I really don't know if M-DCT can do this. . I am assuming it will. But remember: in theory, theory and reality are always the same. In reality, they're not.