12-12-2011, 10:06 PM   #24
Bubbles
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep
Drives: Green Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4ces View Post
By the way, my intention is to she some light to help the OP in his decision as well as others and not hijack his thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singletrack View Post
Do it. If you don't like it, you could throw it back on the market and take little to no loss.

If you buy the evolve setup for the tune, you will also have logging eventually - when they release it. So it will be of great benefit even if you chose to run the stock programming. You can use it to diagnose problems, etc. But, none of this may be important to you...everyone is different. There are simple flash tunes that seem to produce solid gains - so various options there.

To me, the M3 is all about being greater than the sum of its parts. If you look at any "weight savings" in a vacuum, it may seem pointless (eg carbon fiber roof, plastic fenders, etc). So something like the Akrapovic is the perfect compliment - saving over 50+ lbs and producing serious power.

Unless...potential warranty issues really keeps you up at night. In that case, perhaps the grass really is always greener? ; )

Good luck.
I would enjoy the logging feature, especially for track days. I guess I should put my brand new modded OEM Muffler for sale soon.