View Single Post
      10-27-2011, 07:09 PM   #20
alms211
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudyP View Post
Don't regret the M3 but did regret the car that I got first (2011 Mustang GT) instead of the M3 for all the reasons above. I figured it had most of the performance (certainly in a straight line) as an M3 but was less flashy, less worry, pretty much bullet proof over potholes, less expensive and wouldn't worry me when parked outside every night. But it turns out it just didn't do it for me. Took a hit on trading it in on a 2011 M3 after only 2 months. The M3 is the car I should have gotten in the first place and I have no regrets owning it. And btw, it is my DD, winter car and jack of all trades vehicle. I have another car that is the real weekend, special night out and track car and that one gets the garage.
I did the same thing with a 2011 Grand Sport Vette. I had it for seven months and while it was a very nice car, I missed the feel, fit and finish of my previous BMW's and Porsches. In addition, I just got so bored with driving my 4Runner as a DD (bought it originally to haul the dog, bad weather, Home Depot trips, etc) and leaving the Grand Sport in the garage (put just 2k miles on it in 7 months). My E92 with DCT is "the perfect" DD as far as I am concerned. I should have test drove a DCT before I ordered the Grand Sport. Not one single regret here!! I love this car.
Appreciate 0