Bad Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90M3

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z K View Post
Regardless, if you need to fold your mirrors to not scrape, you should probably drive slower. The speed limit shouldn't be 40 if it wasn't safe to drive 40 mph without losing your mirrors. You can report that the speed is unsafe to the city so they can lower it if it is the case.

I've parked in spaces where I need to fold the mirrors or else the car won't fit. But in those situations, I would not move more than 5mph and usually have my head out the window so I make sure I clear. Most parking spots and garages built in the early 1900s like here in San Francisco are not designed to accomodate the huge cars we have now.

Driving slower at the speed at which the mirrors will stay folded in, is an infraction (impeding traffic). If the coding is possible, great, if not, not much I can do. After 30+ years of driving, being behind someone 15 under the limit is annoying and disrespectful; I'd rather keep up with traffic and not be one of "those". I do agree 40 is fast, but it is what it is, it won't change unless someone is killed.

I do appreciate the ideas though. Must not be much of a need as search on this turned up nothing.