01-02-2014, 08:52 AM   #74
Never Convicted
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattMD View Post
I was accepted to Barrett, The Honors College at ASU! Will likely receive a $13,000 scholarship for a total cost of ~$20,000. ASU is easy to get into, but Barrett is very selective. Just thought I'd give an update.

I picked my intended major as Economics. I will see if I can work out a minor in biochem and if I can get the pre-reqs in with this intention...if I actually choose to go to this school. A science major might be more appealing now as I'm 100% sure I want to go to medical school.
First, congrats and best wishes on your acceptance to ASU. Next, just a life experience word about your plan. I went to Boston College, economics and business admin double major. Then got my MBA in marketing from BC as well. My first night in the dorms I met 3-4 guys who were Pre-med. NEVER saw them again until graduation. All those guys did was study. That was 20 years ago, when Med School was less competitive.

Just my opinion, and you're 18 and it's a big decision, but I think you're going to have to commit one way or the other. In B School there were 4-5 MD's who were going for MBA's. I don't think it works the opposite way. Either way, hope you stay focused and kick major ass.
Appreciate 0