Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 CX

Garage List
2023 BMW M3 CX  [9.50]
2018 BMW X5  [0.00]
2018 Ford Raptor  [0.00]
Smile KW Sleeve Over Springs Review

I have wanted to get rid of the front wheel gap on my E92 since about the 7th day I had it. I was back and forth on what springs to get, and after a lot of research and persuaded by a good deal, I picked up a set of KW sleeves.

I planned on doing the install myself (I installed springs on my E46 M3), but due to the fact that I don't have much free time anymore, this is my daily driver, and I didn't have an assistant, I opted out and got my local BMW shop to throw them on (thanks to a hook up).

What attracted me to this set was the fact that it was adjustable, works with EDC, and from what people have said, has a similar to stock feel. I told the mechanic to put them on max low and ill work them up when I take it back home to get it to my desired height.

On max low it is pretty damn low. I'm tucking all 4 tires with stock 220M wheels and no spacers. Due to the wide fenders, I don't like that "tucked" look so im going to be ordering spacers soon. Adjustability is very easy on the front; I haven't tried to adjust the rear, but I imagine its just as easy. I did take off the wheel to get to the front adjustment point just to see how it works. I'm going to ride around on max low for a while and see if I need to raise her up. After looking at a BUNCH of pictures, I feel these give one of the lowest drops on max low you can get from just springs (proof in the pics below).

The ride, as stated by other members, is very close to stock. Matter of fact, on the initial drive, if I wouldn't have seen the tucked tire, I would have thought it was still stock. It took me some time to hit some familiar bumps and drive my everyday roads to really tell a difference, and its not much of a difference at that.

The handling with these have definitely improved. Enough to where I can feel the difference around turns and bring it up in this review. The steering is also a bit more firm (I don't know why really) but it is, and I love it. I'm REALLY impressed on the handling of the car after just these springs.

Bottom line: If you have the little extra money to put toward the KW sleeve over kit vs. other lowering springs; DO IT. Especially if you have similar wants as I did (low drop, better handling, similar to stock ride, etc...).

Below are some quick shots I took after I drove her home, this is max low all 4 corners, no spacers:

STOCK vs. KW Sleeve Over Springs (max low)

Ill take some better pics after I give her a good wash and get some good sunlight!

Thanks for reading! Hope this helps future buyers...

2023 BG G80 ///M3 COMP XDRIVE
Dinan CF Intake | Valvetronic SS Full Exhaust | AST Adjustable Springs | UNIT 17 Front Splitter | UNIT 17 Sideskirts | BC Forged HSC21 Wheels 20x10 et12 / 20x11 et12

Last edited by to///m; 12-16-2013 at 09:32 PM..
Appreciate 0