View Single Post
      04-06-2007, 03:05 AM   #10
scm6079
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M3, Lotus Exige S260

Garage List
Personally, I really like the direction BMW is heading with the M3 series. *All* cars have gotten too big (compare a Honda accord of 10 years ago to one today! The old Accord is the size of today's Civic!)

The new M3 is to me, what I wanted before but could not have, the ultimate M5 sized car. Gone are the days of a 3 series being a small little car -- it's big now, it has to be... Look at even the mini! That being said, the 1 series is coming out, and the M1 -- that will fill the new "small" car segment again. The 3 series has really opened up in today's market well.

Now, I have to decide which car stays and which car goes for next year's M3... and sedan or coupe. But I don't need to decide if I want active steering... That *is* the decision factor on the car for me. Of course it's bigger, more features, more electronics, more more more more... That's what sells.

Hell, the best hybrids don't get as good a mileage as the old original mini cooper -- yet most never seem to stop and think why, or that it should be changed.

I'll have my M3 as my larger work car, and a small throw about car for the track and other fun items.

My $.02...

_Scott
Appreciate 0