View Single Post
      07-26-2011, 08:04 PM   #31
spiff
The Dr
Rep
Drives: M20 Saloon, F800S

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJS View Post
Read you gf's thread on 1M, awsome that you guys have made it pay off after hard work and study. Congrats to both of you for such fine machinery.

Let the wars begin, lol

PS They are both so different and fun to drive, enjoy
Thanks! I've only driven her car once and around the block in a very respectful manner- I can't wait until it's broken in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bence View Post
That is a fantastic looking garage! Looking forward to picking my AW e92 as well in a couple weeks and congrats on the purchase!
Best of luck to you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisesoul View Post
Whose E92 is in the 1st pic? Congrats and good taste!!
There are 3 other people in the complex with E92's, that one AW, there is a IB and an SG!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoLo View Post
and another AW M right in front of yours. LOL
E92 coupe it looks
^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by bates1325 View Post
congrats man, to the both of you! i just got my 2011 e92 m3 (my first M) back in may and i absolutely love it. i get a hard time about owning a new m3 at my age but hey, i paid for it in full and i def understand that feeling you have right now. makes owning the car and driving it so much more special. best of luck to you two and let me know where i can find a girlfriend who loves cars like that!
Work hard to play hard, is what it comes down to. Get the things you want for yourself and no one else!

Also- I met my girlfriend (schatzi) at a EuroClub Meet where I first went to College (Santa Barbara City College).

We met when I had a Dakar M Coupe, and we hit it off when I invited her to a track day, which would be her first! I knew I a winner when she said "when and where".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wall$treet View Post
I am fine if people buy an M or any commodity with their parents money, lottery winnings or their own but to say

"2 grueling years of college and 2 years of film school"--were you serious?

You will be in for a rude awakening if 2 years of community college was a rotten time for you

On another note, congrats on your m3 regardless
I was serious on the note that I worked my butt off for those 4 years of school, both city college & film, and still working hard at my job.

By no means do I correlate my city college years to the real world. However, at city college (among the countless nights of drinking) I was taking 21 units(7 classes), had 3 jobs (Tutoring 3 sessions a week; TA'd 3 classes; and Barbacked at 2 separate bars th-sun)... all while still hitting the boxing gym 4 days a week and playing water polo for the city college. For 6 terms straight.

I would call that grueling. If it isn't, then I stand corrected.

I thoroughly enjoyed my city college years, from what I can remember of it..

But hey, no point in trying to justify things here- just wanted to share an amazing point in my life with a great community of people doing the same!

Do it.