07-21-2011, 03:13 PM   #24
midwest 340xi 6sp
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 340xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3XTR3M3 View Post
Here is what I dont really understand with guys buying M3 verts. When you purchase (pay the price) for an M3, you are paying for the perfect weight balance, the perfect engine and tranny to utilize that weight balance, you are paying for the perfect structure and rigidity, you are paying for the performance and handling. This is what you are paying for in an M3. You pay extra money over a 3 series to get these benefits.

THEN, you pay BMW extra money to cut off your roof and b piller, destroying the rigidity and structural firmness of the car, you pay extra to add a considerable amount of weight and throw off the perfect weight balance which the handling and performance is dependent on (also dependent on the structure that has now been tampered with), all for putting the roof down?

So here is the math... You pay a nice price for perfectly balanced performance car THEN you pay extra to tamper with that perfect balance.

I just dont get it. I dont mean this in ANY offensive way at all and I really hope it does not sound that way. Again, I just dont think I really get the concept.

EDIT: If I ever wanted a BMW vert, I would get a 328vert because obviously the performance does not matter as much as the joys of having the top down. Some might say "what if I want the power AND the top down?!" in that case I would suggest a 335 vert with a tune (which I would feel is still a bit of waste of money but can understanding someone wanting a powerful vert as a daily driver). But I can not understand a M3 vert.
Wow....Now that's what you call:

Appreciate 0