03-13-2013, 02:06 PM   #307
S_M
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Many

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
I have a general question for you watch guys. Comfort. When I get up in the morning and put on a watch, it fits me very nicely and moves around a little bit. By the time lunch rolls around, the watch is essentially a part of my wrist and if I take it off I have red marks where the band sat. It's quite uncomfortable. Are yours very loose in the morning then tightening as you warm up throughout the day to a comfortable tightness or are yours all very tight and not moving around? Would a leather band help with this?
I agree. My current main rotation is an Omega PO 45mm, Breitling Avenger, and Sinn U1. I bought them all on bracelets, but I wound up buying rubber for all of them. It's MUCH more comfortable. I also happen to love the look, it really brings out the dial on a watch with good AR coating. I prefer the rubber to leather, but thats a personal choice. I can still put it off with business casual dress so its perfect for me.

Like you said, by noon the bracelet really grabs to your wrist, I'm wearing my U1 on the bracelet right now and I wish I had the rubber. The other big advantage is weight. These are heavy watches, but almost half of the weight is in the bracelet.
Appreciate 0