View Single Post
      03-24-2008, 03:42 PM   #6
M3aHOLIC84
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2002 Laguna Seca Blue M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldminer View Post
Well that is a brilliant idea as long as you don't have an accident. If you lie about who is the principal driver of the car you don't have a valid insurance policy. You have fraudulently obtained insurance from the company.

Should they query why the declared principal driver was not driving the car in an accident, (which they might do, say, if the accident happened while you were on the way to work on a weekday) they can deny all coverage. It is also really easy to raise their curiosity if your dad is listed as principal driver on 2 or 3 cars. If you were at fault in this accident you would then be left paying the bill for the repair, or, if the car were written off, you would still have to make the payments on it to the finance company.

Then there is the pesky little matter of committing this fraud actually being a minor criminal offence. I don't know what line of work you're in but in mine I could loose my professional license and my job with a criminal conviction.

I totally understand what your saying, but my good friend all that has been thought about...I dont know why im teaching the public about these loop holes.and the answer for your post is that you change YOUR address to your uncles, aunts, cousins etc etc...doesnt matter who you choose but the point is when they ask why the principal driver was not driving the vehicle...my answer is "because I was borrowing it for the day". ive been into two accidents the past 8 years and one of them was my fault..you come out clean...eveyrone in my community does this anyway...its the socal way of living haha lol..well not everyone but you get the point...my point is basically i can drive your car and get into an accident and im covered and the car is covered because at the end of the day "the car was insured". i can even collect medical insurance money...its been done plenty of times from dozens of people i know and its actually a veryyyy legal way of bending the rules. they have no right to ask why i live somewhere else or why i was borrowing the car...its personal reasons...even if they do you can always have an answer..my point is you wont get fired or let go from your job