Canada
Rep
Drives: A Car

Garage List
2012 911S  [10.00]
2011 911 GT3 RS  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DARK_M3 View Post
Let me first say that I am new to the M3 and gaining familiarity slowly. I don't plan to track the car as I have done with previous vehicles. If anything, I will probably do it once a year if that just for a bit of fun.

With that in mind, my previous car (370z) was tracked minimally at between 2-3 times a year. I had done things like oil cooler (I know the M3 has one standard, why Nissan couldn't do this is beyond me) - SS brake lines - Motul RBF600 brake fluid - Hawk pads - full coilover suspension and sway bars. I would run the OEM rubber. Having stepped into the M3 my question is, is the M3 well suited for spirited drives and the maybe once a year track day as is in stock form?

Thoughts?
To answer your specific question, the M3 is a fantastic car out of the box for spirited driving and the track. I'm on stock EDC suspension, and I don't feel i'm missing out on the track. If you plan to do a couple days a year of tracking, then don't bother changing anything, other than maybe your brake pads and fluid. The M3 is supremely competent in stock form for spirited driving and the occasional track day.
Appreciate 0