View Single Post
      05-02-2011, 06:31 PM   #10
PINHEAD
Motorsport Passion!!!
Monaco
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3RS/911R

I've never had a single door ding on my E46 and E92, so pretty much since 2005, a good 6 years.

This is my method:
1. Park with everyone else, don't park far away and become an easy target to spot. (haters be hatin, why let them target u easier? Oh yea BMW drivers are so full of themselves they their their POS 3 series deserves special treatment? *rolleyes*)
2. Choose the spot that is as close as possible to where you want to go BUT not in a narrow one (meaning don't squeeze into a small spot, find a decent sized one where the 1 or 2 cars sandwiching you is parked correctly, therefore giving you ample space.
3. After finding your spot, if its an end spot, part closer to the edge but dont curb your wheel. If its a middle spot where you are sandwich by 2 cars, park closer to the LEFT car because there is a 100% chance there is a driver, but the passenger is the roll of the dice. This way there is more room for the car on the right to open their door. If you give them room, its less likely they'll ding your door.

This non BMW-Asshat elitist style parking has net me zero door dings in the last 6 years, and I daily drive my M3s and never had a single ding, scratch, or anything.

I laugh at those people who park far away and just to see some POS pull up next to it just to piss them off, talk about getting trolled in real life