View Single Post
      02-12-2007, 02:22 PM   #22
King335i
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 E92 M3 CP 6MT, '13 X1 35i

Sure, airforce isn't a word you would learn in a language unless you were at least fairly advanced in its dialect, but in this case the Luftwaffe gained its notoriety because it was part of a villified nation.

That makes sense and all, but wouldn't it then be offensive if I put USAF on my car because the united states air force both fire bombed dresden, and dropped 2 atomic bombs on civilian cities? Funny, I seem to see people putting USAF stuff on their car all the time..

The only reason people would get flustered about this is because of their own insecurities and ignorance about history. I agree the the word Luftwaffe has its negative connotations but if you have any education whatsoever you will probably know that it simply means 'airforce'. Also, it is hilariously ironic that some people would take offense to this, but not the fact that BMW was a major contributer to the Nazi war machine, and their very emblem symbolizes their beginnings in Nazi aviation as well.

I'm not saying you should or shouldn't do it, but in my opinion people shouldn't find it offensive. They probably will though.

If you think it will get vandalized then you should probably buy this. Now.
http://www.cnn.com/WORLD/africa/9812...e.thrower.car/

2007 E92 335i--SG, Fully loaded, minus the dead weight..err..iDrive and Active Steering.
Appreciate 0