06-16-2008, 11:04 PM   #44
e46e92love
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 ///M3; X3 (wife's)

Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
I doubt there is too many people out there that will make the M3 out perform a 335i with some chosen upgrades.

That's the question which should be asked. In the right hands there is no doubt the M3 will be quicker, especially so on the track but on the road where few sensible people will ever push a car close to it's capabilities then the difference between the two will be nil.

So if there is little or no difference on the road then does that mean everyone who has ordered or driving a new M3 looks stupid for wasting all that extra cash, of course not, there is more to the experience of owning an M3 than pure abilities. The way the engine, chassis, steering and brakes perform are as much about the ownership as it's out right performance.

I test drove both, the M3 and the 335i and there is a lot more to the experience and driving pleasure with the M3 than you get with the 335i. Is it worth $20K well that it up to the each and everyone independently, but if you car afford a Rolex do you buy a Casio. Sorry for the comparison but I think you get the point.
Well said Footie, well said......

"...it's not about the money and not about the brand of the car, it's about handling,performance and passion......And that, no other car has all together like an M3........when you talk about the most complete car the M is invincible." --Tony Kanaan.
Appreciate 0