View Single Post
      04-12-2013, 07:04 AM   #69
NolaKojo
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MtoM3 View Post
Sometimes , after I order a nice fucking meal , at a really nice place.....
I have severe remorse about what it was initially worth when it drops out of my ass and into the shitter.

hahahaha, co signed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneMmmm View Post
This thread is interesting to me... mostly because I've always assumed everyone knows an M3 is a phenomenal machine, not to be confused with a standard 3-series.
I'm a car enthusiast, I've always loved/appreciated BMWs from afar like most people and being new to the forums/researching the brand I think I can explain the confusion.

I truly think the average person is aware of the phenomanal machine an m3 is and how it's a huge step above a regular 3 series, however when the average person thinks BMW, they also think about the fact that there's a 5/7 series and I never thought a BMW would go for or over a 100 grand. So just scaling it down I assumed m3 would be 50 grand MAX, 5 series, 75 MAX and the 7s just up to under the 100 grand. Obviously I was wrong, but I think it's this kind of mentality/break down that makes people assume the m3 is a lot less than it actually is.

As blown away as I was by the m3 being 80 grand, I was even more blown away by the 330/335s going for 50 grand ish?

Anyways, just figured I'd throw in a fresh perspective since I'm new here.

I was looking at possibly getting into a 328/330 and throwing on some m3 bumpers/wheels...but once I realized I'd probably spend 20 grand on that when it's all said and done, I started browsing used m3s and the 08s are floating just over 30 grand....My first thought was, 10 grand is not enough of a difference for me to settle for a wannabe m3, but I guess I also have to factor in the fact that m3 parts are much more expensive when it comes to maintenance as well as the gas,insurance? Anyone went from a regular 3 series to m3/can elaborate on how big is the difference of the cost of ownership between the two?? (sorry to sidetrack the thread)
Appreciate 0